IMPORTANT NOTICE:  As of 21 February, anything posted in this community WILL NOT BE MIGRATED to our new community site.   We have pulled all user information and data from this site and are now in an approximately week long process of importing users, roles, and data to our new site.  We are leaving this site open and active so you can post and hopefully get a response until the migration is complete.   Once complete, the URL  that currently takes you to this site will take you to our new site so your bookmarks will work as always.  Please read the information on a New Login Process

Handling of CarriageReturn in captured text in a visual test

Hello community,

I have the following problem in my Visual Tests:.

I have a captured text from an dialog which is stored in a local variable. The text in the dialog flows over two or more lines. So the captured text includes one ore more Carriage Return chars. I would like to eliminate these characters. With "normal" characters it is no problem to use the Replace function in an expression like Replace(localText1,"old text", "new text") or Replace(localText1,"old text", ""). 

Does anyone knows a trick (without leaving the Visual Tests and using a VB .NET test script)?

Kind regards

Holger

• Oops, I didn't read your message properly, unfortunately Visual tests have no ability to handle non-printable characters.  I suggest you request this as an enhancement.

• In reply to eggbox:

Hello //*eggbox, hello community administrators,

I tried to launch a Feature Request but was told that "You have run out of votes".

How is it possible to launch a feature request without voting?

There are several requests without votes.

Regards

Holger

• In reply to HGrube:

I checked with someone here and they tell me that you should be able to add a new feature without giving it any votes, are you sure you are signed in?

• In reply to eggbox:

Hello eggbox,

my full name is represented in the right top corner (followed by "Stay signed in"). Yes, I am signed in (I think so).

Filling in the subject and the body text in the text fields the button "1" (vote) is automatically selected. After pushing the button "Post idea" the message "You have run out of votes" is represented.

Regards

Holger

• In reply to HGrube:

Hello eggbox,

a feature request "Abitlity to handle non-printable characters in Visual Tests" has been raised (see borland.uservoice.com/.../3159336-abitlity-to-handle-non-printable-characters-in-vis ).

Regards

Holger