NOTICE: Our Community is moving. Get more information. Updated information on a New Login Process
If you receive the error message ‘Time out expired after launching application. The requested object ‘/Browser/Application/’ was not found within the timeout of the 180 seconds’
1) Then you should first determine which version of Internet Explorer is currently installed on the machine. To do this open Internet Explorer and navigate to Tools -> About Internet Explorer.
2) Take note of the version number and compare it to the supported versions listed within the release notes of Silk Test currently installed.
Start-> All Programs -> Silk -> Silk Test -> release notes
3) If the version of Internet Explorer is not supported, determine which version of Silk Test you are currently using. From within Silk Test navigate to help -> About Silk Test Classic
4) If the version of Internet Explorer is 10 and the version of Silk Test being used is 13.0 or below, you will have two choices:
a) Uninstall Internet Explorer 10 and restore a supported version of Internet Explorer.
b) Uninstall SilkTest and upgrade to version 13.5 that supports Internet Explorer 10.
1) To remove Internet Explorer 10, navigate to Control Panel and select Programs and Features
2) On the left navigation pane of the new window > click View Installed Updates > scroll down to find Windows Internet Explorer 10 > right click at it > click Uninstall.
3) System will revert back to E9 automatically after IE10 is uninstalled. You don't need to re-install IE9.
4) Once reverted to IE9, please open SilkTest and run the test in question to determine if the issue is resolved.
1) Navigate to Start-> All Programs -> Silk -> Silk Test -> Administration -> Silk Test uninstall and follow the onscreen prompts
2) Restart the computer after the uninstall is complete.
3) Install SilkTest 13.5, SilkTest 13.5 can be retrieved from the SupportLine website. Please note that you will be required to upgrade your license prior to use.
If the issue persists, please create a support incident via supportline and a support engineer will assist you with the issue.