IMPORTANT NOTICE: As of 21 February, anything posted in this community WILL NOT BE MIGRATED to our new community site. We have pulled all user information and data from this site and are now in an approximately week long process of importing users, roles, and data to our new site. We are leaving this site open and active so you can post and hopefully get a response until the migration is complete. Once complete, the URL that currently takes you to this site will take you to our new site so your bookmarks will work as always. Please read the information on a New Login Process
Currently when a Silk4Net test completes, the Application Under Test will close.
If you have created a number of modularised Silk4Net tests against an application and require the Application Under Test to remain open after each test has completed a .runsettings file will need to be created.
Perform the steps below to create the required .runsettings file:
1) Add a new blank XML file to your Visual Studio solution and rename it to test.runsettings.
2) Within Visual Studio navigate to Test menu, choose Test Settings, click the option Select Test Settings File
3) When the Open Settings file dialog appears select the newly created .runsettings file and click open.
4) If the .runsettings file has not opened in the Visual Studio GUI for editing you can open the file by performing a double click on it in the solutions explorer:
5) Replace the current text of the file with the following text and save it:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- MSTest adapter -->
Now rerun the test and the Application Under Test will no longer close once the test has completed.