Date format issues

Hi all,

I have a program running through AcuConnect. There are AcuThin clients running from PCs with different regional settings.

Regarding reporting, how can automatically adjust the displayed Date control with the appropriate format? (dd/mm/yyyy for Europe clients, mm/dd/yyyy for America clients).

Bonus question: when running "ACCEPT my-var FROM DATE" from AcuThin client, my-var has the clent's date or the server's date? Is there a way to have a UTC/GMT date/time information through a function? 

Thank you

Th.

Parents
  • Verified Answer

The following KB article has a program attached called timezone.cbl.  

community.microfocus.com/.../17351.determine-the-time-zone-in-an-acucobol-gt-program-running-on-windows.aspx

It uses the GetTimeZonInformation method of kernel32.dll to obtain the machine's time zone.  In a Thin  Client implementation add the following runtime configuration settings to get the client time zone:

CODE_MAPPING ON

DLL_CONVENTION 1

KERNEL32.dll @[DISPLAY]:C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNEL32.dll

GetTimeZoneInformation @[DISPLAY]:GetTimeZoneInformation

• Verified Answer

The following KB article has a program attached called timezone.cbl.  

community.microfocus.com/.../17351.determine-the-time-zone-in-an-acucobol-gt-program-running-on-windows.aspx

It uses the GetTimeZonInformation method of kernel32.dll to obtain the machine's time zone.  In a Thin  Client implementation add the following runtime configuration settings to get the client time zone:

CODE_MAPPING ON

DLL_CONVENTION 1

KERNEL32.dll @[DISPLAY]:C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNEL32.dll

GetTimeZoneInformation @[DISPLAY]:GetTimeZoneInformation

Children
No Data