Date format issues

Hi all,

I have a program running through AcuConnect. There are AcuThin clients running from PCs with different regional settings.

Regarding reporting, how can automatically adjust the displayed Date control with the appropriate format? (dd/mm/yyyy for Europe clients, mm/dd/yyyy for America clients).

Bonus question: when running "ACCEPT my-var FROM DATE" from AcuThin client, my-var has the clent's date or the server's date? Is there a way to have a UTC/GMT date/time information through a function? 

Thank you

Th.

Parents
  • Verified Answer

I do not know of a way to automatically adjust the displayed Date control with the appropriate format. I think you'll need to set up 2 different control, both invisible and then turn the appropriate one visible based on the user (or user preferences).  "ACCEPT my-var FROM DATE" from AcuThin client, my-var has the server's date, as the program is actually executing on the server, the display occurs on the client. You can access client side programs like dlls using this type of syntax CALL "@[DISPLAY]:MYLIB.DLL". I do not believe there is a function that we provide that provides UTC/GMT. There are probably a few web services or maybe some ActiveX controls that provide that functionality.

• Verified Answer

I do not know of a way to automatically adjust the displayed Date control with the appropriate format. I think you'll need to set up 2 different control, both invisible and then turn the appropriate one visible based on the user (or user preferences).  "ACCEPT my-var FROM DATE" from AcuThin client, my-var has the server's date, as the program is actually executing on the server, the display occurs on the client. You can access client side programs like dlls using this type of syntax CALL "@[DISPLAY]:MYLIB.DLL". I do not believe there is a function that we provide that provides UTC/GMT. There are probably a few web services or maybe some ActiveX controls that provide that functionality.

Children
No Data