Date format issues

Hi all,

I have a program running through AcuConnect. There are AcuThin clients running from PCs with different regional settings.

Regarding reporting, how can automatically adjust the displayed Date control with the appropriate format? (dd/mm/yyyy for Europe clients, mm/dd/yyyy for America clients).

Bonus question: when running "ACCEPT my-var FROM DATE" from AcuThin client, my-var has the clent's date or the server's date? Is there a way to have a UTC/GMT date/time information through a function? 

Thank you

Th.

Parents
  • Regarding the Bonus Question:-

We have a similar situation where a server in one time zone is supporting users and databases in multiple time-zones.

Support for different time-zones is provided to our app by the operating system.  When a user connects, their identity on the AcuConnect server defines the time-zone they are in, and then ACCEPT FROM TIME returns the appropriate time for the user.

Our server is running Linux, but I would assume Windows should be capable of the same approach.

• Regarding the Bonus Question:-

We have a similar situation where a server in one time zone is supporting users and databases in multiple time-zones.

Support for different time-zones is provided to our app by the operating system.  When a user connects, their identity on the AcuConnect server defines the time-zone they are in, and then ACCEPT FROM TIME returns the appropriate time for the user.

Our server is running Linux, but I would assume Windows should be capable of the same approach.

Children
No Data