C$SYSTEM and C$RUN

Hi,

Was wondering if you can help me figure out if this is a limitation of the C$SYSTEM and C$RUN.

I want our application to open a web browers and continue on (have it run on it's own).

If I put in the path (e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" url) all is good when I call C$RUN or C$SYSTEM.

The problem occurs when we replace 'C:\Program.....' with  'START CHROME url'.

When using C$RUN it comes back with a status -1 (error occurred).

Using the same command in DOS (e.g. start chrome http://google.ca), it works fine.

Thanks in advance!!

Dennis

• START is one of those special built-in shell commands in Windows.  You would need something like this:

CALL "C$SYSTEM"
                 USING 'START "" chrome "google.com"',
                  CSYS-SHELL.

If you are in a thin client type of environment, you should add the @[DISPLAY] to the command line:

CALL "C$SYSTEM"
                 USING '@[DISPLAY]:START "" chrome "google.com"',
                  CSYS-SHELL.

• START is one of those special built-in shell commands in Windows.  You would need something like this:

CALL "C$SYSTEM"
                  CSYS-SHELL.

If you are in a thin client type of environment, you should add the @[DISPLAY] to the command line:

CALL "C$SYSTEM"
                  CSYS-SHELL.

CALL "C$SYSTEM"
                  CSYS-SHELL.

CALL "C$SYSTEM"
                  CSYS-SHELL.

• Perfect..Works like a charm
    Thanks buggabill!!