Automated installer for Acucobol 9 or 10?

Has anyone ever bundled an acucobol 9 installer into an MSI so it automatically installs chosen options into a particular (non standard) directory?

thanks

• I do this with version 10 and did so before as well.  I use a Wix Toolset project that I have built in Visual Studio to build the installer.  Building an MSI is a key thing here.  Trying to auto-update a client PC from a custom exe file without running acuthin as an administrator is pretty much impossible no matter how high you try to escalate the privileges.  I had limited success using NSI at one point since that builds an exe file.  Older versions of Visual Studio had lite versions of InstallShield which would work.

• Beginning with ACUCOBOL-GT version 10.0.0 there is a new installer and it is possible to use msiexec for a silent install of some products.

This example is for Runtime, Acu4GL for MSSQL and AcuSQL Runtime installation in the specified directory, "C:\my\Install\Dir":

msiexec /i "extend(R) Version 10.0.0 x86.msi" /qn INSTALLDIR=C:\my\install\Dir ADDLOCAL=Runtime,Acu4GLMSSQL,AcuSQLRuntime

To automatically and silently uninstall:

msiexec /uninstall "extend(R) Version 10.0.0 x86.msi" /qn
  • Has anyone used AUTOIT? Looks like it can do this albeit not in a neat MSI
  • Before using Autoit, I would explore something like Nullsoft (also free). @DougP - do those same options work with the standalone thin client installer? I write some registry settings as well as some custom config file settings on our install.
  • Before using Autoit, I would explore something like Nullsoft (also free). @DougP - do those same options work with the standalone thin client installer? I write some registry settings as well as some custom config file settings on our install.
  • Yes, for Thin Client installation use one of the following:

msiexec /i "extend(R) Thin Client Version 10.0.0.msi" /qn INSTALLDIR=C:\myInstallDir ADDLOCAL=AcuThin

If you need the Microsoft redistributables then add VC100Redistx86:

msiexec /i "extend(R) Thin Client Version 10.0.0.msi" /qn INSTALLDIR=C:\myInstallDir ADDLOCAL=AcuThin,VC100Redistx86

To uninstall silently:

msiexec /uninstall "extend(R) Thin Client Version 10.0.1.msi" /qn