HttpPost

I thought HttpPost is supposed to be a part of 9.2 but I was experimenting with it and get "HttpPost: Program missing or inaccessible".

What am I missing?

• Verified Answer

HTTP POST is part of Xcentricity BIS. Have you installed Xcentricity BIS?

Is your command line using -y .. as in -y xmlif.dll

• We have not installed Xcentricity BIS. The manual seems to indicate RMNet Routines are built into the runtime.

RMNet is included in the list that follows this paragraph.

Micro Focus Developer > extend Interoperability Suite > ACUCOBOL-GT Documentation Set Version 9.2 > Appendices > Appendix I. Library Routines

General Syntax and Library List

ACUCOBOL-GT has a large set of library routines built into the runtime system. These routines may be accessed via the CALL verb. This appendix describes each of these routines in detail. The routines are listed in alphabetical order.

• We have not installed Xcentricity BIS. The manual seems to indicate RMNet Routines are built into the runtime.

Micro Focus Developer > extend Interoperability Suite > ACUCOBOL-GT Documentation Set Version 9.2 > Appendices > Appendix I. Library Routines

ACUCOBOL-GT has a large set of library routines built into the runtime system. These routines may be accessed via the CALL verb. This appendix describes each of these routines in detail. The routines are listed in alphabetical order.

• I added -y rmnet.dll to my command line and it works, or at least does not get the program missing error any more.

• I added -y rmnet.dll to my command line and it works, or at least does not get the program missing error any more.

• Verified Answer

The RMNet routines are included with (but not part of) the runtime.  As you discovered, they are in a separate DLL* (rmnet.dll) that needs to be loaded at runtime using the -y option.  

Before calling HttpPost, you need to initialize the RMNet interface with a call to NetInit.  If you're going to connect to an SSL/TLS site (with an HTTPS url), you'll also need to call NetSetSSLCA.

There's a tutorial document named RMNetTutorial.pdf that should be installed with your ACUCOBOL-GT installation, in the AcuGT\Samples\RMNet subdirectory.  It includes examples of using XML Extensions, which requires pre-loading an additional DLL** (xmlif.dll).

Neither RMNet or XML Extensions requires installing or licensing Xcentrisity BIS.

*For Unix/Linux users, it's in a shared object library named either librmnet.so or librmnet64.so.

**For Unix/Linux users, it's in a shared object library named either libxmlif.so or libxmlif64.so.