We are looking at a process that will allow a user to write files to a local drive using a combination of:
1. C$OPENSAVEBOX (type 4) to select a folder to write the file
2. C$COPY to copy the file from the server to the local machine
The above works fine as long as the user has write access to the folder selected. So we are attempting to check write access to a folder before we let the user "pick" that folder. We are attempting the following:
1. C$OPENSAVEBOX (type 4) to pick a folder
2. C$COPY to copy a small test file to folder
3. If no Error is returned from C$COPY the user has the rights to that folder
4. C$DELETE to delete small test file from folder
This is where my question comes in...all items above work great except #4...the delete command will not remove the file. The C$DELETE command returns 1 (error) every time it is ran.
Any help would be great with this or any different way for us to check user access to write to a folder would help also.