Calling JavaScript from COBOL

I'm looking at the "Sample Web Browser Program" from the ACUCOBOL 9.2.2 "Programmer's Guide to the Internet". It compiles and works, but now I'd like to extend it with some event-driven interactions between JavaScript, VBScript, and COBOL.

Assume the following HTML5 document: 

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>HTML5 JavaScript VBScript Example</title>
<script type="text/vbscript"> Function vbFunction() document.write("vbFunction has been called") End Function </script> <script type="text/javascript"> function jsFunction() { document.write("jsFunction has been called") } </script> </head>
</body>
</body>
</html>

After the HTML5 page shown above has been loaded into the WEB-BROWSER control, is it possible for COBOL code to call the VBScript and JavaScript functions (vbFunction and jsFunction)?

A C# example that shows how it might be done in a pure .NET application is here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.webbrowser.objectforscripting(v=vs.110).aspx

Microsoft's C# example relies on the ObjectForScripting property of the .NET Framework;s WebBrowser class. But I don't see any equivalent property exposed in AcuBench for the WEB-BROWSER control.

A related question is, how might JavaScript or VBScript that's running in the WEB-BROWSER control trigger an event that could then be handled by COBOL code? Say for example I wanted to do the following:

• User clicks a button with an onclick attribute that specifies a JavaScript function (function1).
    • The JavaScript function raises some event (for example by changing the value of the <title> element?)
    • A COBOL procedure "somehow" handles the event, and reads a record from a Vision file
    • The COBOL procedure calls another JavaScript function (function2), passing the value of a COBOL field as a parameter

The point of this approach would be to allow the user interface to be written entirely in HTML5 JavaScript and/or VBScript, while the COBOL program containing the WEB-BROWSER control would handle the IO with Vision files that reside in the Windows filesystem.

Any advice would be appreciated!