Crystal Reports Newb

I looked around for a post but didn't see, so here goes.  We're using Acucobol 9.5 with Vision version 4 files.  We have Crystal Reports 10, can upgrade if necessary.  New to Crystal Reports.  How can I make Crystal Reports read and report on Vision ver 4 files?  I've tried creating .xfd files, but its not clear to me next steps.  Thanks for any input.

• Not current with Crystal Reports either, for most of the ODBC / JDBC type of software, there is an import data (menu option). This forum post may help ... community.microfocus.com/.../7596.aspx

• I don't have crystal reports on current machine. I created hundreds of Crystal reports with Crystal Report XI developer version and Acucobol 6, 7, and 8 versions. It is possible. Often the best and fastest approach is to pull your data into one indexed file with detail section number as primary key and a suffix to handle multiple pages of the same detail section. Using this approach you may go generic on the field names in the file so you can use them as needed in multiple detail sections. You would link thru xdbc with the xfd and file name.

• I don't have crystal reports on current machine. I created hundreds of Crystal reports with Crystal Report XI developer version and Acucobol 6, 7, and 8 versions. It is possible. Often the best and fastest approach is to pull your data into one indexed file with detail section number as primary key and a suffix to handle multiple pages of the same detail section. Using this approach you may go generic on the field names in the file so you can use them as needed in multiple detail sections. You would link thru xdbc with the xfd and file name.