2021-09-14

Visual COBOL 7.0 Now Available

Micro Focus is pleased to announce the general availability of Visual COBOL 7.0, the latest release of its market leading solution for application development, deployment, and modernization of COBOL applications running on distributed platforms.&nbsp...
    by in Application Modernization & Connectivity
    2021-09-14

Enterprise Suite 7.0 Now Available

Today Micro Focus announces the general availability of Micro Focus Enterprise Suite 7.0--the latest release of our mainframe application analysis, development, testing, deployment, and modernization solution. Version 7.0 comprises Enterprise Analyze...
    2021-08-24

Did You Know? Your Application Modernization & Connectivity August Newsletter

COBOL Needs YOU! Take the Survey Quantifying the use of COBOL worldwide matters. So, we have commissioned Vanson Bourne, global research and industry analysts, to measure enterprise usage through the Capturing COBOL in 2021 survey. Help us by ta...
    2021-08-09

Enterprise Suite 7.0: Mainframe Applications at Scale

Public Cloud Infrastructure provides organisations with access to highly flexible, scalable and cost effective infrastructure for deploying their applications and is rapidly becoming the standard environment for deployment. Having worked with IBM mai...
    2021-08-02

Did You Know? Your AMC Update for Summer 2021

‘Did You Know’ what’s hotter than July? Your latest edition of the Application Modernization & Connectivity Newsletter! There’s a bunch of red hot stuff to get through this month, including updates on our most transformati...
    2021-07-30

COBOL 2021 Survey

How much COBOL is still out there?  This common question is one asked by many who follow the IT industry or work within an enterprise IT shop; but it has proven to be challenging one to conquer. For those working closest to this core business sy...

RM/COBOL 12.18 is now available !

I’m very pleased to announce the availability of RM/COBOL 12.18. This latest release enables COBOL developers to easily build, deploy and modernize existing RM/COBOL applications using the latest technologies and operating environments. Key Rel...
    2021-07-19

If you think mainframe development is just ISPF - You'd be wrong!

About 7 years ago I held a Customer Advisory Board, and I asked the 25+ customers in attendance how much open source they are adopting. I was surprised that only a handful of customers raised their hands. I then threw out some open source tool names ...
    2021-07-13

Digital Transformation @ SHARE: Officially A Thing

The SHARE Virtual Experience runs August 9-13, 2021. SHARE and Big Iron remain at the hub of mainframers’ IT universe, so what are the highlights this year? Paula Barker, Micro Focus Field Marketing Manager gives us the scoop.  Micro Focus...
    2021-07-12

Now is the time to modernize, Enterprise Suite 7.0 is here to help

Have you noticed it too?  People talking about COBOL?  I’ve seen it on social media and in tech magazines.  The topic really took off when the New Jersey Governor said COBOL was the reason the state struggle to process unemployme...