Important information regarding the next ChangeMan ZMF release

2 Likes
over 1 year ago

Hello ChangeMan ZMF Admins and Developers!

I wanted to take this time to introduce myself as well as provide you with an inside track into ChangeMan ZMF as it relates to delivery of new releases. I am Jimmy O’Rourke and I am the new Product Manager for ChangeMan ZMF, StarTool and Comparex and have been with Micro Focus for more than 8 years, but have only recently become Product Manager for ChangeMan ZMF. Prior to this I was the Product Manager for our Micro Focus SCCM tools (AccuRev, Dimensions CM, StarTeam and PVCS) and have nearly 25 years’ experience in that space.

I spent the last few months since joining this team talking to many customers and it has been great to get an appreciation of how you use ZMF today and to understand some of your challenges. I know many of you have not yet taken advantage of the new capabilities we built in our 8.2 release and I understand the effort that you need to invest to move between releases. With this in mind we are delaying the release of ChangeMan ZMF 9.0. This delay will allow me to spend more time with you to properly listen to your requirements with an aim to reflect these in the next major release.

To ensure you don’t miss out on the functionality already developed we will instead deliver the same functionality (features and fixes already completed in 9.0) as part of 8.2 Patch Update 4 release which will be Generally Available in Late September/Early October. We will also continue to provide a minimum of 3 years support for the 8.2 release from the delivery date for 9.0.

As we plan for 9.0, I will be reaching out to you for your feedback and give you an opportunity to influence the roadmap. By contributing to the roadmap, customers like you can look forward to adopting releases more readily. As part of the roadmap planning we will build stronger ChangeMan ZMF integrations to support the agile toolchain.

To ensure we involve our customers more, one of the first activities will be Customer-Facing Sprint Reviews. These reviews will provide you with visibility into the release progress and allow for direct customer feedback. We have Dev Days scheduled in October and plan to have a CAB (Customer Advisory Board) next year. We will also have monthly technical webinars and a series of How-To videos and White Papers posted to our community site. 

Over the coming weeks and months, we will use this community page to provide regular content including communication about Dev Days, CABs, and other events.

I am excited to be part of a winning team with amazing customers. I look forward to working with all of you more directly as we collaborate together to buildout ChangeMan ZMF.

Thank you!

Labels:

Announcement
Comment List
Anonymous