We observed that micro focus region refresh is taking too long post upgrade i.e v5.0 Pu24 where as in v4.0 Pu14 it took less than 5 mins.
Here are the observations,
1) Region is started state within a minute after clicking the start tab/issuing the start command.
2) But all the allocated SEP's are in BUSY state with the process “CICS (Facility N/A Transition)” in ES monitor and control page for longer time (30 to 40 mins).
3) CPU% remains 100% until all SEP’s became IDEL state.
4) Server slow until all the process i.e “CICS (Facility N/A Transition) PIP2" are auto cleared up from ESMAC .
5) Multiple entries in the console log with following new message “ESFEV0328I Using native mutexes for thread locking” post upgrade.
Allocated SEP: 51
Admin SEP : 3
Can you please someone assist me to fix this performance issue.