TestExcel program

I tried using your TestExcel program to read a cell. I set the file name with           

move spaces to ExcelFileName
           string 'z"C:\Users\alan\Documents\Micro Focus\'
             'Net Express 5.1\WORKAREA\SMNG\emailsmar25.xlsx"'
             delimited by size into ExcelFileName
This is in the NE5.1 IDE with Wrappack 18 on Windows 10.  Error: Open methods of Workbooks class failed on "Open"

The path C:\Users\alan\Documents\Micro Focus\Net Express 5.1\WORKAREA\SMNG is correct.

The file name is emailsmar25.xlxs

I do not understand what is wrong.  I examined the ExcelFileName while animating and it is correct.

Thank you,

Alan Beecher

Parents
  • Are you sure that the file is in this directory?

copy this file in a other directory as example c:\temp

Yes, the file name must be terminated with x'00', what you do with z'c:\temp\emailsmar25.xlsx'

Is you variable for the filename long enough? Do you have see the filename after opening with debugger?

May be 'My Documents' and not Documents

Do you use the sign '-" in position 7 to define the text continue in the next line?

Is is very easy to open/read/write into excel files and they must be more examples online or on the local disk

• Are you sure that the file is in this directory?

copy this file in a other directory as example c:\temp

Yes, the file name must be terminated with x'00', what you do with z'c:\temp\emailsmar25.xlsx'

Is you variable for the filename long enough? Do you have see the filename after opening with debugger?

May be 'My Documents' and not Documents

Do you use the sign '-" in position 7 to define the text continue in the next line?

Is is very easy to open/read/write into excel files and they must be more examples online or on the local disk

Children
No Data