Interaction between config files and config repository

Hi everybody,

I was wondering, if I would use local config files and the configuration of the config repository together and both configurations have some common parameters, which of the values will be used? Those from the local configuration file or those from the repository?

Background of the question: I've found out that some of the configuration parameters from the config repository (obtained through itadmin config dump) doesn’t really propagate to the IORs that are using the configuration repository.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Cristian

Parents
  • Verified Answer

For CFR bases domains there are still two text based configuration files referred to as "handler files" of the name <domain>.cfg and cfr-<domain>.cfg. These are essentially used for bootstrap configuration for the CFR boot-orb. Pat is correct that the definitive contents of the configuration are visible with the "itadmin config dump" command. The exception is the substitution variables that are actually identified with subst variable names like %{SUBST_STRING} in the CFR and shown in the config dump which are replaced by the values specified in the handler files at runtime. This is done intentionally since the handler files would be located on the physical machine with machine specific settings for these variables.
  • Verified Answer

For CFR bases domains there are still two text based configuration files referred to as "handler files" of the name <domain>.cfg and cfr-<domain>.cfg. These are essentially used for bootstrap configuration for the CFR boot-orb. Pat is correct that the definitive contents of the configuration are visible with the "itadmin config dump" command. The exception is the substitution variables that are actually identified with subst variable names like %{SUBST_STRING} in the CFR and shown in the config dump which are replaced by the values specified in the handler files at runtime. This is done intentionally since the handler files would be located on the physical machine with machine specific settings for these variables.
Children
No Data