This article explains the steps to clean up and re-register VisiBroker installation in supported operating systems. The latest VisiBroker version 8.5's supported platforms can be referred here: http://supportline.microfocus.com/supportresources/VB85prodmatrix.aspx.
IMPORTANT - The cleanup and re-register is only needed when there is a license issue in the existing VisiBroker installation. Please note that before cleaning up and re-registration, you need to contact support to increase the registration count for your license. Without a valid reason, we would not be able to increase the registration count. For example, if you are just planning to re-install the product in a different location in the same machine, we will not be able to increase the count. For re-hosting the license, you can contact support.
1. In the problematic VisiBroker installation, backup and remove the following files/folders from <VBROKERDIR>/var folder:
- mf_license.dat & mf_licensej.dat ( if exists )
- the hidden files and folders under var folder(eg: var\.bpy-tjacqr).
If you do not see the hidden files/folders, in windows, you will need to enable viewing hidden files in Folder Options. In unix, you can use "ls -la" command to list the hidden files/folders.
2. Backup and remove the reg*.txt or hidden *.slip from <VBROKERDIR>/license folder.
3. After removing the above mentioned files, open a unix console or windows command prompt(depending upon in which OS you have installed VisiBroker). If it is an unix operating system, login using the non-root user(same user who installed VisiBroker).
4. Go to <VBROKERDIR>/bin folder. For VisiBroker 8.5, the default folder for unix operating system is /opt/MicroFocus/VisiBroker and for windows, it is C:\MicroFocus\VisiBroker.
5. Setup VisiBroker environment by running ". ./vbroker.sh" for unix OS or "vbroker.bat" for windows.
6. Run "lmadm -i console".
7. The following are the options that will be made available to you
8. Enter option 2 to list all licenses and you should not see any license listed. This step makes sure that you have cleaned up the license successfully.
You can refer the following articles for the registration of VisiBroker license:
Steps for license registration in GUI mode after VisiBroker installation