Can't see Value in Watchpoints Window

When I debug and add items to the Watchpoints Window no values show up under Value in the window.

The condition functionality works though. If I add a condition and that condition is met, execution will stop. But I still can't see anything under Value.

If I add a Watch Window I see the values just as you would expect.

It seems this behaviour started in VC 6.

Parents
  • I tried adding watchpoints to a COBOL program and their values display okay for me in the watchpoint window so I think you will need to give an example of the data items you are adding the watchpoints for. 

• I created a new INT/GNT project and added a cbl file to the project (Program1). I then added a few lines (in upper-case) to the program so it looked like this:

identification division.
    program-id. Program1.

environment division.
    configuration section.

data division.
    working-storage section.
    01 MY-VAR PIC X(10).

procedure division.
      MOVE SPACES TO MY-VAR.
      MOVE "TEST VALUE" TO MY-VAR.
      DISPLAY MY-VAR.
      goback.
    end program Program1.

I started the program by pressing F10 and added MY-VAR to Watchpoints. After the line MOVE "TEST VALUE" TO MY-VAR the text "TEST VALUE" showed up in Watchpoints just as you would expect.

I then changed configuration from x86 to x64 and did the same as above - and the text didn't show up any more.

• I created a new INT/GNT project and added a cbl file to the project (Program1). I then added a few lines (in upper-case) to the program so it looked like this:

identification division.
    program-id. Program1.

environment division.
    configuration section.

data division.
    working-storage section.
    01 MY-VAR PIC X(10).

procedure division.
      MOVE SPACES TO MY-VAR.
      MOVE "TEST VALUE" TO MY-VAR.
      DISPLAY MY-VAR.
      goback.
    end program Program1.

I started the program by pressing F10 and added MY-VAR to Watchpoints. After the line MOVE "TEST VALUE" TO MY-VAR the text "TEST VALUE" showed up in Watchpoints just as you would expect.

I then changed configuration from x86 to x64 and did the same as above - and the text didn't show up any more.

Children