Creating a Web Application

I am a COBOL programmer trying to create a Web Application in Visual Cobol from a very old system with multiple programs and screens.

I am struggling to find tutorials or videos which would help. My knowledge of ASP.net is very limited.

I have been through the Tutorial: Developing Web Applications which is wonderful but doesn't really explain how I can use it for my application.

Please can someone point me in the right direction.

Shirley

• Hello Shirley

In the last 20 years I did also convert some old systems. Have a look to my web page www.lanter-edv.ch, select ‘English’; potentially my favorite system architecture can point you in the right direction.

Regards
    Werner Lanter

WERNER LANTER EDV-Organisation
    Obermättlistrasse 4
    CH-8964 Rudolfstetten

Telefon: 41 56 640 07 07
    werner.lanter@lanter-edv.ch
  • Hi Werner

Do you have any examples I could look at?

Regards

Shirley
  • Hi Shirley

Sorry, I don’t have an simple example. The webservice consists of several Cobol modules with about 30 web-methods. I am using Microsoft SQL-Server as Database. The WPF client has also about 30 XAML files with C# code behind.

Tell me what system would you like to build. Do you have a database or are you using Cobol files. What is your knowledge about Webservice? If you tell me what kind of program you have and what you want to do, I can probably determine whether a webservice/client solution is a good way.

Please answer directly to my mail address, possibly with an attachment of a Cobol program.

Regards
    Werner Lanter

werner.lanter@lanter-edv.ch