COBCH0865 : Failed to find system program "acufh" (Visual Cobol r3 trial)

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 20 January 2011]

Hi.

I am trying to create a VISION data file (this is a new supported feature in VCr3).
However, when I include the necessary support : $SET CALLFH(acufh)
I get an error : COBCH0865 : Failed to find system program 'acufh'.

I've tried everything I can think of, adding paths, copying to project directory, adding to the VS project, but the error persists.

Does anybody have an idea if/how this can be solved ?
This is the 1 month TRIAL version.

Thanks,
- Peter -
Parents
  • Verified Answer

I just tried this here and it worked fine.

The Vision file support is provided as a separate product in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\Vision 2.0, by default (on 64-bit).

Your PATH should include C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\Vision 2.0\bin in order for it to find acufh.dll at runtime.

You also need to add the library C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\Vision 2.0\lib\acufh.lib under Link Settings in the project Property Pages under the COBOL tab.

Vision file support only works in a native COBOL project.
    It cannot be used in a managed code project.

• Verified Answer

I just tried this here and it worked fine.

The Vision file support is provided as a separate product in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\Vision 2.0, by default (on 64-bit).

Your PATH should include C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\Vision 2.0\bin in order for it to find acufh.dll at runtime.

You also need to add the library C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\Vision 2.0\lib\acufh.lib under Link Settings in the project Property Pages under the COBOL tab.

Vision file support only works in a native COBOL project.
    It cannot be used in a managed code project.

Children
No Data