COBCH0865 : Failed to find system program "acufh" (Visual Cobol r3 trial)

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 20 January 2011]

Hi.

I am trying to create a VISION data file (this is a new supported feature in VCr3).
However, when I include the necessary support : $SET CALLFH(acufh)
I get an error : COBCH0865 : Failed to find system program 'acufh'.

I've tried everything I can think of, adding paths, copying to project directory, adding to the VS project, but the error persists.

Does anybody have an idea if/how this can be solved ?
This is the 1 month TRIAL version.

Thanks,
- Peter -
Parents
  • Hi Peter,

I think you will still get a lot of benefits by moving to Visual COBOL even in native code. You still get all the power of the Visual Studio (or Eclipse) IDE - rich editor, powerful debugger (including the new "memory watch" window which is only available for native code. You will also be ready to start moving components into managed code as and when you're ready.

It's something we haven't promoted very heavily yet, but it is possible to mix managed and unmanaged code pretty easily - that's how the Micro Focus Filehandler is used from managed code for example. So you could have UI code using WPF, which is obviously managed code, with business logic that is still native code.
  • Hi Peter,

I think you will still get a lot of benefits by moving to Visual COBOL even in native code. You still get all the power of the Visual Studio (or Eclipse) IDE - rich editor, powerful debugger (including the new "memory watch" window which is only available for native code. You will also be ready to start moving components into managed code as and when you're ready.

It's something we haven't promoted very heavily yet, but it is possible to mix managed and unmanaged code pretty easily - that's how the Micro Focus Filehandler is used from managed code for example. So you could have UI code using WPF, which is obviously managed code, with business logic that is still native code.
Children
No Data