Visual COBOL Standalone Install w/Visual Studio Trial

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 07 June 2011]

I have Visual COBOL installed as a standalone version but would like to try out multi-language support with the trial of Visual Studio 2010. Will Visual COBOL recognize Visual Studio 2010 if installed after Visual COBOL, or is Visual Studio 2010 required to be installed prior to Visual COBOL?

Help appreciated! Thank you!
Parents
  • Thanks for the clarification colemanj!

Yes, that is what I mean. I'm assisting another user who is taking the Visual COBOL 2010 Software Development Web Based training and reached the mixed language modules. They don't currently have mixed language support because they are using the integrated shell instead of the full VS2010 product. I'm assuming that the shell may have been included in previous installers for Visual COBOL, or they installed separately and I was unaware.

Thanks for pointing me to the R3 doc, that answered my question. Looks like in order to obtain mixed language support for a user that installed the integrated shell, they may need to uninstall all and install the full VS2010 product followed by Visual COBOL.

Appreciate the assistance!

Dan
  • Thanks for the clarification colemanj!

Yes, that is what I mean. I'm assisting another user who is taking the Visual COBOL 2010 Software Development Web Based training and reached the mixed language modules. They don't currently have mixed language support because they are using the integrated shell instead of the full VS2010 product. I'm assuming that the shell may have been included in previous installers for Visual COBOL, or they installed separately and I was unaware.

Thanks for pointing me to the R3 doc, that answered my question. Looks like in order to obtain mixed language support for a user that installed the integrated shell, they may need to uninstall all and install the full VS2010 product followed by Visual COBOL.

Appreciate the assistance!

Dan
Children
No Data