sql default schema

Hello,

when using embedded SQL in JVM-Cobol I do have the problem that most of the existing Cobolsources (> 8000) do not have the "FullQualified"  Tablename in the FROM Clause of their SQL-Statements.

With "native" Cobol it takes the username as the default Schema Qualifier. And if this is not sufficent it is possible to set QUALIFIER (as an SQL-Compiler Option).

This is not working with managed Cobol anymore. 

I do want to avoid the need to change all SQL-Statements to fully qualify the tablename. 

Does anybody have the same problem and if yes .... maybe a solution ?

Kind regards

Michael

Parents
  • Hello,

I have checked your proposal. The database is now specified as a JBOSS Datasource like this :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<datasources xmlns="www.jboss.org/.../schema">

<datasource jta="false" jndi-name="java:jboss/jdbc/DB2LV1871_TYPE4"
            pool-name="java:jboss/jdbc/DB2LV1871_TYPE4" enabled="true" use-java-context="true" use-ccm="false">

<connection-url>jdbc:db2://ryker.muc.lv1871.de:50003/vvsk1:currentSchema=test;</connection-url>

<!-- this must me commented out. Otherwiese youl receive "Property cannot be overwritten by url" (Which is plausible)

<connection-property name="currentSchema">test</connection-property>

It is not working with this setting either -->

<connection-property name="dateFormat">3</connection-property>
            <driver>com.ibm.db2.jcc</driver>
            <security>
                <user-name>XXXX</user-name>
                <password>XXXX</password>
            </security>

</datasource>

</datasources>

Even with the Schema as a Property in the URL the SQL-Statements in Cobol are returning "-204" (Table or view does not exist).

I do have to hardcode in Cobol :

select bla

from test.myfinetable;

using just

select bla

from myfinetable;

Results in error code "-204"

Kind regards

Michael

• Hello,

I have checked your proposal. The database is now specified as a JBOSS Datasource like this :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<datasources xmlns="www.jboss.org/.../schema">

<datasource jta="false" jndi-name="java:jboss/jdbc/DB2LV1871_TYPE4"
            pool-name="java:jboss/jdbc/DB2LV1871_TYPE4" enabled="true" use-java-context="true" use-ccm="false">

<connection-url>jdbc:db2://ryker.muc.lv1871.de:50003/vvsk1:currentSchema=test;</connection-url>

<!-- this must me commented out. Otherwiese youl receive "Property cannot be overwritten by url" (Which is plausible)

<connection-property name="currentSchema">test</connection-property>

It is not working with this setting either -->

<connection-property name="dateFormat">3</connection-property>
            <driver>com.ibm.db2.jcc</driver>
            <security>
                <user-name>XXXX</user-name>
                <password>XXXX</password>
            </security>

</datasource>

</datasources>

Even with the Schema as a Property in the URL the SQL-Statements in Cobol are returning "-204" (Table or view does not exist).

I do have to hardcode in Cobol :

select bla

from test.myfinetable;

using just

select bla

from myfinetable;

Results in error code "-204"

Kind regards

Michael

Children
No Data