How to refresh MF dialog obj from a program?

Hi there,

Is there an MF dialog GUI method to refresh an object only i.e. not set focus on it?

For example to enable an object i just do this. Is there a refresh equivalent method?

CALL 'GUI-enable' using my-dialog-object-handle. 

GUI.cbl ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$set mfoo
class-control.
AbstractWindow is class "awindow".

working-storage section.
01 obj object reference value null.

linkage section.
01 hand pic x(4) comp-5.

procedure division.

entry 'GUI-enable' using hand.
    *> enable object from handle...
     invoke abstractWindow "fromHandle" using hand returning obj.
     invoke obj "enable".
     invoke obj "destroyproxy" returning obj.
     goback.

Many thanks,

Linden

Parents
  • You can control a lot of controls in the dialog system by either using win api's or the GUI class library.

You must remember at some stage you might want to move to a 64 bit client interface, so perhaps before you go to far down this road you might want to consider what you want to do in the future. The dialog system is really an end of life product.

If you have currently got all your code in dialog system, you can write a program to parse the contents to migrate it to a new system, plus there are other migration solutions (Ask Micro Focus).

So have you thought ahead?
    Look at the GUI class library.

Neil
  • You can control a lot of controls in the dialog system by either using win api's or the GUI class library.

You must remember at some stage you might want to move to a 64 bit client interface, so perhaps before you go to far down this road you might want to consider what you want to do in the future. The dialog system is really an end of life product.

If you have currently got all your code in dialog system, you can write a program to parse the contents to migrate it to a new system, plus there are other migration solutions (Ask Micro Focus).

So have you thought ahead?
    Look at the GUI class library.

Neil
Children
No Data