Upgrade advice please, VC 2.3.2 to 3 with mf dialog

Hi there,

I have questions re. upgrading from VC 2.3.2 to 3 with mf dialog on VS 2015 community edition

(1) Can you clarify, is there a VC version 3 add pack for MF dialog system or is everything included?

(2) To install VC do I need to uninstall 2.3.2 first? Same question cobol server 2.3.2, addpacks and hotfixes on our production machines?

(3) Would you recommend upgrading at this point or should I wait until after the first hot fixes have been released? Is 3 considered stable?

Thanks,

Linden

Parents
  • Hi Linden,

To answer your questions:
    1) The compatibility addpack with Dialog System support is now included in version 3.0
    2) You don't need to uninstall 2.3.2 first as the 3.0 setup will detect and upgrade. However, we strongly recommend that you uninstall 2.3.2's addpacks and hotfixes before proceeding with the upgrade, and the same recommendation goes with COBOL Server.
    3) Micro Focus has performed the usual QA test cycle before releasing 3.0, and so far I haven't encountered any issues on my machines.

Regards,
  • Hi Linden,

To answer your questions:
    1) The compatibility addpack with Dialog System support is now included in version 3.0
    2) You don't need to uninstall 2.3.2 first as the 3.0 setup will detect and upgrade. However, we strongly recommend that you uninstall 2.3.2's addpacks and hotfixes before proceeding with the upgrade, and the same recommendation goes with COBOL Server.
    3) Micro Focus has performed the usual QA test cycle before releasing 3.0, and so far I haven't encountered any issues on my machines.

Regards,
Children
No Data