Visual COBOL 2.1 PE (Limited License) Install with Visual Studio 2012

I'm trying to install Visual Cobol using the "visualcobolvisualstudio21pe.exe" Visual Cobol Installer, in Windows 7, with Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 installed.

The installer does NOT recognize Visual Studio 2012 and wants to instal VS 2010 elements.

Is there any way to circumvent this, so that the installer and the VC 2.1 package recognizes VS 2012?

Thanks!

Parents
  • We do currently have two separate products, Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2010 and Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2012 but only the Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2010 is currently available for download as a Personal Edition.

This will most likely be changing in the near future but I will let Product Management comment about that.

The PE product that you downloaded will not install into Visual Studio 2012 but will either install into a current Visual Studio 2010, if one exists, or will install the Visual Studio 2010 Shell if required and will install into that.

If you require an evaluation copy of the Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2012 product then you should probably contact a Micro Focus Account Manager to set you up with this.

Thanks.

• We do currently have two separate products, Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2010 and Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2012 but only the Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2010 is currently available for download as a Personal Edition.

This will most likely be changing in the near future but I will let Product Management comment about that.

The PE product that you downloaded will not install into Visual Studio 2012 but will either install into a current Visual Studio 2010, if one exists, or will install the Visual Studio 2010 Shell if required and will install into that.

If you require an evaluation copy of the Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2012 product then you should probably contact a Micro Focus Account Manager to set you up with this.

Thanks.

Children
No Data