File Status 9/161 when opening a file with CALL 'EXTFH'

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 04 February 2011]

In order to bind ISAM data to ADO controls, we have set up a trial project in Visual Cobol R3 that uses the Microfocus File Handler (we also use this in our NetExpress 4.0 projects).
Opening a file with call 'EXTFH' returns a file status 9/161 (something wrong with the file header?).
When running the same code in NetExpress, this returns a file status zero (which is ok).
Does someone know what might be the solution to this problem?
Parents
  • I'm pretty sure that the problem is with the version of the FCD copybook that you are using in your Visual COBOL program.

In Net Express 4.0 it did use the FCD2 version and in Visual COBOL the FCD3 version needs to be used.

As long as you are using "copy xfhfcd.cpy" in your program and not "copy xfhfcd2.cpy" then recompiling should bring in the correct copybooks. If you are accessing the FCD by offset rather than field name then you will have issues as the offsets have changed.

I will take a look at your project if you zip it up and e-mail it to me at chris.glazier@microfocus.com

Please only send what is absolutely necessary to recreate the actual problem.

Thanks.

• I'm pretty sure that the problem is with the version of the FCD copybook that you are using in your Visual COBOL program.

In Net Express 4.0 it did use the FCD2 version and in Visual COBOL the FCD3 version needs to be used.

As long as you are using "copy xfhfcd.cpy" in your program and not "copy xfhfcd2.cpy" then recompiling should bring in the correct copybooks. If you are accessing the FCD by offset rather than field name then you will have issues as the offsets have changed.

I will take a look at your project if you zip it up and e-mail it to me at chris.glazier@microfocus.com

Please only send what is absolutely necessary to recreate the actual problem.

Thanks.

Children
No Data