Visual Cobol R3 Development Hub - Project path

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 17 February 2011]

I have installed the Visual Cobol R3 Development Hub on Linux.

I want to make a new remote project from my Windows Eclipse Environment, but i get the following error :

The remote location does not match the directory on the local path. Make sure the remote location is mapped by the local path.

On Windows my project directory is c:\viscob\TestRemote, on Linux my project directory is /ux/microfocus/VisualCOBOL/progs/viscob/TestRemote.

Is something wrong in my configuration ?

Regards,

Renzo
Parents
  • According to the docs, the location field should contain the Windows pathname to the project containing an NFS mapped drive and the remote location should contain the Linux pathname to that same location.

The example they give is:

a Location of X:NFS-mounted-drive location\project name should be represented by a Remote location of /NFS-mounted-drive location/project name.

So the names should point to the same location on the remote computer.

So your location field should be set to the NFS mounted drive on the remote computer not the local C: drive.
    So if you mapped X: to /ux/microfocus/VisualCOBOL/progs/viscob then your settings would be:
    Location = X:\TestRemote
    Remote Location: /ux/microfocus/VisualCOBOL/progs/viscob/TestRemote

This is how I interpret the docs but I don't have the Linux hub installed at the moment so I cannot test this.

• According to the docs, the location field should contain the Windows pathname to the project containing an NFS mapped drive and the remote location should contain the Linux pathname to that same location.

The example they give is:

a Location of X:NFS-mounted-drive location\project name should be represented by a Remote location of /NFS-mounted-drive location/project name.

So the names should point to the same location on the remote computer.

So your location field should be set to the NFS mounted drive on the remote computer not the local C: drive.
    So if you mapped X: to /ux/microfocus/VisualCOBOL/progs/viscob then your settings would be:
    Location = X:\TestRemote
    Remote Location: /ux/microfocus/VisualCOBOL/progs/viscob/TestRemote

This is how I interpret the docs but I don't have the Linux hub installed at the moment so I cannot test this.

Children
No Data