Managed Code Encoding Serial Port

Hi Community!

I have encountered a problem sending data past x"3F" over a serial port in managed code. In the docs I read you need to set the encoding to go past the 7-Bit(??) limit. So I did the following:

set serialPort1::Encoding to type System.Text.Encoding::GetEncoding(737) *> tried other values like 1252 as suggested in different forums. But when I do:

invoke serialPort1::Write(x"FF") *> it results in 3F being sent. where is Bit 8?

Somehow I don't get the catch. Should be simple though. I hope someone has an answer.

Regards

Rainer

• Verified Answer

I found out.

You don't need to set any encoding to the port. Just define the data as i.e.

01 ReadSerialNo             type Byte[] value x"04FF11EA". *> Read Transponder No.

and send it:

invoke serialPort1::Write(ReadSerialNo, 0, 4)

of course 4 is BytesToWrite.

I was confused by intellisense which explains the "Write" function with "Text as String": Should be corrected.

Thanks anyway

Rainer

• Verified Answer

I found out.

01 ReadSerialNo             type Byte[] value x"04FF11EA". *> Read Transponder No.

and send it:

I was confused by intellisense which explains the "Write" function with "Text as String": Should be corrected.

Thanks anyway

Rainer

• Verified Answer

I found out.

and send it:

Thanks anyway

Rainer