Undefined Class

PROBLEM : System.Drawing.Image is not recognised ------------------------------------------------

I want to read the contents of a jpg file and  

*>1 - Create a thumbnail from a photo (quality 100 % , 320, 320) *>2 -   resize the photo to a maximum size (quality 100, 1680, 1050) *>3 -   Get exif info as one string

*> One of the MAIN problems i encounter is that all references to  :

type System.Drawing.Image is not recognised by the compiler as a valid class or method  ?????????????

(the method : System.Drawing.Image.Fromfile(filename string) looks usefull here )

When i open  Namespaces in the property tab of the project, System.Drawing is not present.

I am using Visual Cobol 2.2. , Visual Studio 2012 , .framework 4.5 and the program is defined as : managed console application.

The program reads an input text-file containing the full path and file name of one foto ( one per line).

REMARK: I can not use windows forms , because the program contains embedded SQL instructions that render errors in de forms-designer (problem is accepted my microfocus as defect, status medium, defect number 2686287)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Another try : ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am using Visual Cobol 2.2. , Visual Studio 2012 , .Netframework 4.5 and the program is defined as : managed console application.

01 inp-filename pic x(100). 01 input-document-data type System.Byte[].

*> Input-file name contains full pathname and file of a jpg-file *> input-document-data contains the complete contents (array) *> of the specified foto after the next instructions are executed :

move 'C:\fotos\flower.jpg' to inp-filename  invoke type System.IO.File::ReadAllBytes(inp-filename) RETURNING input-document-data

but the same problem : the method : System.Drawing.Image...... is not recognized if i want to use System.Drawing.Image.Fromstream method

When i open  Namespaces in the property tab of the project, System.Drawing is not present.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------