compile not creating .o or .gnt file

Hi,

I'm new to the community so I hope I'm asking the question correctly.  I installed Visual Studio 2017 for personal use and microfocus COBOL.  When I load the program in, the build button is displayed.  The compile button is displayed under it.  The compile completes with no errors - very simple program.  I do not have a run button and debug doesn't have a button to step through the program.  When I check the folder where the program is, I have a .int file but no .o or .gnt file.  What do I need to do to be able to run this very simple program?

Thanks,

Chuck Dial

Parents
  • Thanks for the reply. I created a project and attached my program. If I do a build, the build button goes away and the debug button won't let me step through the code. The f5 does not do anything either. If I close MS Visual Studio and reopen it, the build button is there and the debug button inside debug is clickable but the start without debug button is not. I can now step through the code. I do have a lot to learn about projects. I also had the .idy file associated with Adobe. I fixed that. Thanks again.
  • Thanks for the reply. I created a project and attached my program. If I do a build, the build button goes away and the debug button won't let me step through the code. The f5 does not do anything either. If I close MS Visual Studio and reopen it, the build button is there and the debug button inside debug is clickable but the start without debug button is not. I can now step through the code. I do have a lot to learn about projects. I also had the .idy file associated with Adobe. I fixed that. Thanks again.
Children
No Data