I will be away for a while and would like to be able to work on my Laptop. Is it in order to install the version of PE that I have on my Laptop as well? I will only ever be working on either the PC or Laptop and not both simultaneously.
In order to install the VC PE product on your laptop you will have to revoke the license which is installed on your PC first.
1. On your PC where VCPE is currently installed run the License Administration Tool from the Micro Focus License Manager group on the Windows Start menu.
2. From the Summary tab click on the "Revoke" link which follows the VCPE license. This will generate a new authorization code that can then be entered on the laptop. Save this code.
3. Install the VCPE software on your laptop.
4. On your laptop where you have just installed VCPE run the License Administration Tool from the Micro Focus License Manager group on the Windows Start menu.
5. On the Install tab, copy in the new authorization code that was generated during the Revoke process on the PC into the field marked "enter authorization code" and click on the Authorize button.
You should now be able to run VCPE on your laptop.