Printing

I am having trouble using the printer_redirection code.  My printer will act like it wants to start printing, but nothing comes out. I am testing with the testprintraw cobol project.  My printer acts like it wants to start printing, but nothing happens.  What I am looking to do is build a report, save it to a file with headers and data and then print those results to my windows printer.  I am using the Micro Focus Cobol for Visual Studio 2012 version.

Tags:

Parents
  • If you are writing the file to disk first then perhaps you could try using PC_PRINT_FILE instead of the printer redirection shown in the example which is really for writing your print line directly to the printer.

The example uses esc codes that are for a specific printer that is used in the example. You would have to replace these with codes that are applicable to your own printer if they are indeed different.

Thanks,

• If you are writing the file to disk first then perhaps you could try using PC_PRINT_FILE instead of the printer redirection shown in the example which is really for writing your print line directly to the printer.

The example uses esc codes that are for a specific printer that is used in the example. You would have to replace these with codes that are applicable to your own printer if they are indeed different.

Thanks,

Children
No Data