Runtime error on visual cobol naïve code application

I receive the following runtime error in a visual cobol naïve code application when deployed on a network workstation, program is called from a menu program;

I can run the program on my development workstation without issue.  Ideas on what I might have wrong?

Parents
  • I am not really sure what the problem could be. I Googled the error and it seems to indicate that there may be a corrupt Windows system file on this computer.

The logical question would be, does this same program run fine on a different workstation? You indicate that it does work on your development computer.

You might try running Process Monitor (procmon.exe) on this system to see what is happening behind-the-scenes when this error occurs.

There are many other links to posts for the same error occurring with non-COBOL applications including this one containing some suggestions.

troubleshooter.xyz/.../
  • I am not really sure what the problem could be. I Googled the error and it seems to indicate that there may be a corrupt Windows system file on this computer.

The logical question would be, does this same program run fine on a different workstation? You indicate that it does work on your development computer.

You might try running Process Monitor (procmon.exe) on this system to see what is happening behind-the-scenes when this error occurs.

There are many other links to posts for the same error occurring with non-COBOL applications including this one containing some suggestions.

troubleshooter.xyz/.../
Children
No Data