Visual Cobol compile error

When i try to compile (with Visual Studio 2015) the sample program         02_01_Division_Example    Divex.cbl     i get the next error:

error TRK0002: Failed to execute command: ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\Visual COBOL\bin\cobol.exe" C:\COBOLClass\Projects\02_01_Division_Example\02_01_Division_Example\DIVEX.CBL nologo use(_cobol00002770.dir) ;". U hebt niet de benodigde bevoegdheden voor deze bewerking.

Who can tell me what i do wrong?

I’am new with this cobol version.

It would be very helpfull to me if there is a discription on how to install and what i have to do after install. Run some executable files?

Setting an environment voor Cobol in Visual Studio?

I hope someone can help me.

Hemmie Giesen

• Verified Answer

Hi Hemmie,

It appears that the Visual COBOL PE product may not be licensed properly. When you first start Visual COBOL did you receive a Dialog box asking for an authorization code or to license the free version? Can you start the Micro Focus license manager from the Start menu and take a look at the installed licenses. What does it show?

There is documentation on installing the product and a getting started video that should be part of the download link.

There are additional videos here: