Feature Request: Add File Descriptor information to file handle data tooltip

While debugging, after having stepped over a READ operation, I often find myself in an urge to see what has actually been read from the file.

One could go seek for a matching file descriptor entry in code, but many times this is cumbersome.

So, I'd like to propose to not only display a file status for a file handle, but also all corresponding file descriptors assigned to that file handle. I suggest the file descriptor information be displayed as child item(s) of the file status:

Current Situation

Current Debugger State.png

Desired Situation

Desired Debugger State 2.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI: Screenshot of sample project used to create the above mock:

Debugger Window.png

• For relative files having a key data item assigned using the RELATIVE KEY IS data-name-5 clause (see SELECT statement), I propose to have that key data item listed beneath the file handle, too:

Desired Debugger State 3.png

The corresponding SELECT clause is:

SELECT fileHandleR ASSIGN ".\Rel-Test.txt" LOCK MODE IS MANUAL ORGANIZATION IS RELATIVE ACCESS MODE IS SEQUENTIAL RELATIVE KEY IS lineIdx.

Currently, all the different parts of a file access situation are spread somewhere across the code base.

Having index key (if applicable) and FD descriptors in one place, one would have everything important to debug a file access situation easily available at the ready.

Such improvement would be of great value, I believe.

------------------------

Attached please find the sample project I used to create the above mock image.

FD Suggestion.zip