Difference Linux Interface Mapping Toolkit v6.0.00

Hi,

When deploy a Cobol Web Service with variable array (OCCURS DEPENDING ON), work fine on Windows 7 but i can't deploy on Suse 11; and i need it on Suse for production.

The computer is the same and the difference is when validate the web service.

The  computer installed with Windows 7 Professional SP1 and running Visual Cobol 2.2 with Eclipse show this:

The Console view show "The service mapping is valid".

The same computer running VmWare 12 and installed with Suse 11 SP2 running Visual Cobol 2.2 with Eclipse show this:

The Console view show "The service field does not have enough subscripts".

The version of IMTK in both cases is 6.0.00.

Is possible, with Visual Cobol 2.2, create a web service with variable array on Linux?

Thanks in advance,

Enrique.

• Hello Enrique,

I am looking into the issue you are having. Are you saying that when you have Visual COBOL for Eclipse 2.2 installed on Windows, and deploy to a Web Service also on Windows, the deploy works, but when you have Visual COBOL for Eclipse 2.2 installed on SUSE, and deploy to a Web Service on SUSE, the deploy fails?

I haven't tried your exact configuration, but I have tried this with the latest version of the Eclipse IDE installed on Windows deploying to a Web Service on SUSE 11 SP2, and the deploy is successful. This is using Visual COBOL for Eclipse 2.3 Update 2 on Windows, and Visual COBOL Development Hub 23U2 on SUSE 11 SP 2. (The IMTK in the latest product reports that its version is 2.3.2, which is actually a newer version of IMTK than the 6.0.0 reported from VC 2.2; the versioning for IMTK was changed to match the overall product version.)

In the above configuration, I can successfully deploy the same variable types you have in your field mapping. This was using a set of fields defined and mapped exactly like yours, including the sal-02, occurring 50 times depending on another field in the linkage section.

Also, is your COBOL program being built as 32 or 64 bit?
  • Verified Answer

Hi Blair,

The problem for me is with Visual Cobol 2.2.

I found a solution (more like a workaround).

On Windows 7 when i create the service (moving the field and choose the input/ouput direction), Visual Cobol create a Xml definition (before the deploy) that include this

<parameter name="sal_02" byType="io" dataType="int" occurs="50" >
    <mappings>
    <mapping item="sal-02(*)" subscript="*" />
    </mappings>
    </parameter>

But on Suse 11, Visual Cobol create the Xml definition
    <parameter name="sal_02" byType="io" dataType="int" occurs="50" >
    <mappings>
    <mapping item="sal-02(*)" />
    </mappings>
    </parameter>

without the subscript="*".
    Curiously the array with fixed lenght (occurs without depending) is created, on both environment, with the subscript field.

The workaround: select the variable array from reusable field, open it, select the configure, select the mapping (is already selected, but i click again) and save that (Ok,Ok,Ok). Now the Xml definition is correct and the deploy work fine.

I think that is not the expected behavior, for that reason i called "workaround".

Thanks for be interested.

Enrique.