COBSQL Question

Hi All,

Is there any solution to use COBSQL directives with oracle pro*cobol with FREE or VARIABLE source format?

I've tried with variable sourceformat. The precompiled source (.cs9) is ok but the second phase of the compilation hang....

I'm sad to keep fixed format in Visual COBOL

Platform:Visual COBOL for eclipse with hub on linux.

Thanks.
Franck.

Parents
  • With Cobsql you can pass directives to Oracle Pro*Cobol pre-compiler. This is done by including the Pro*Cobol directive(s) after the end-cobsql  (or end-c) directive. So for example:

p(Cobsql) verbose end-cobsql comp5=yes endp

Is the way that you pass the comp5=yes directive on the command line to Pro*Cobol. So to get the checker (ie MF compiler), Cobsql and Pro*Cobol to understand variable length source code, use:

p(Cobsql) verbose end-c format=variable endp

The $set sourceformat(variable) only tells the checker and Cobsql that you are using variable length source code.

Note: You may not have done this with the previous version because this might have been set in Cobsql.dir file, your cobol.dir or the Pro*Cobol configuration file (I think it’s pcbcfg.cfg).

• With Cobsql you can pass directives to Oracle Pro*Cobol pre-compiler. This is done by including the Pro*Cobol directive(s) after the end-cobsql  (or end-c) directive. So for example:

p(Cobsql) verbose end-cobsql comp5=yes endp

Is the way that you pass the comp5=yes directive on the command line to Pro*Cobol. So to get the checker (ie MF compiler), Cobsql and Pro*Cobol to understand variable length source code, use:

p(Cobsql) verbose end-c format=variable endp

The $set sourceformat(variable) only tells the checker and Cobsql that you are using variable length source code.

Note: You may not have done this with the previous version because this might have been set in Cobsql.dir file, your cobol.dir or the Pro*Cobol configuration file (I think it’s pcbcfg.cfg).

Children
No Data