Toggle between tabs in Visual Studio?

I'm trying to compare two nearly-identical COBOL programs in Visual Studio.  In one tab is ST-PEERJOB-TABLE.cbl, and in the other tab is MC-PEERJOB-TABLE.cbl.

To switch back and forth between the two, I have to mouse-click the tab I want, which is clumsy and time-consuming.

In Excel there are keyboard-shortcuts for toggling between two tabs:  ctrl-PgUp and ctrl-PgDown

Are there any analogous keyboard-shortcuts for toggling between two tabs in Visual Studio?

Parents
  • Verified Answer

You can toggle between two open tabs in Visual Studio using Ctrl Tab but for doing a comparison it might be better to view both the sources side by side either horizontally or vertically. You can drag these tabs using the mouse and drop them onto the docking bar that will appear and place them wherever you wish. See image below:

sidebyside.JPG

• Verified Answer

You can toggle between two open tabs in Visual Studio using Ctrl Tab but for doing a comparison it might be better to view both the sources side by side either horizontally or vertically. You can drag these tabs using the mouse and drop them onto the docking bar that will appear and place them wherever you wish. See image below:

sidebyside.JPG

Children