Execution error: file 'associtn'

Who now what this error means?
it appear when i load a second time a program/screenset

Excecution error : file 'associtn'
error code: 240, pc=0, call=1, seg=0

240    Object reference not valid

I don't find anything on Internet or Forums

cg

• "associtn" is the internal class name for the Association class which stores Key/Data pairs in native OO COBOL.

Do you have a control program in use for one of your user controls on your screenset?
    On what function are you receiving the error?
  • Are you using dictionaries/collections perhaps?, whatever you are using you have an invalid object reference.

A relative fast way to locate the error is to compile the program for animation and animate it. If you can't duplicate it on a developer machine, put the IDY and program on the end user machine and enable a coredump (CBLCORED.EXE). When the 240 error occurs the runtime will output a cblcored file in your applications working directory.

Take that cblcored file and animate it as though it was a program it should stop on the line of your code that caused the fault.

You can then take that information and trace back your object.
  • Are you using dictionaries/collections perhaps?, whatever you are using you have an invalid object reference.

A relative fast way to locate the error is to compile the program for animation and animate it. If you can't duplicate it on a developer machine, put the IDY and program on the end user machine and enable a coredump (CBLCORED.EXE). When the 240 error occurs the runtime will output a cblcored file in your applications working directory.

Take that cblcored file and animate it as though it was a program it should stop on the line of your code that caused the fault.

You can then take that information and trace back your object.
  • Thank you for your help, i have found the error, a false object-Name in Dialog System