The Manual Authorization method (via the cesadmintool.sh) was used to install a license string(s). However, on checking the License Status, no licenses are displayed.
- Verify that the license string(s) is populated into either the "lservrc.stn" or "lservrc.net" file:
Eg: [root@/var/microfocuslicensing/bin]$ cat lservrc.stn 10 COBOLforEclipse 5.1 LONG TRIAL 30 STANDALONE EXCL 1 INFINITE_KEYS 1 JAN 2008 NEVER SLM_CODE CL_ND_LCK 805CE00C 5 z:e5RkXYZTgZEVek7SmZLZeSghiZBtbBGflKTlBapp3C Qz3UwEEdHVRGCsdN9:nffv:86kw9FCJNN1R:5:WE3UVyfDRe:wTXpTYsgVyIiisSfnM1qzyzKNG31KgF iSl2LMV,Sn4ftNcGVnaSOur8u06yLI
- Login as root. - cd /var/microfocuslicensing/bin - Start the cesadmintool: ./cesadmintool.sh - From the menu select 'Check License Status' and even though the license string has been installed it's not showing and the product in not licensed:
- Login as root. - cd /var/microfocuslicensing/bin - Stop the license server using the command: ./stoplserv.sh - Open the lservrc.net and lservrc.stn files and delete the contents to ensure the files are empty, save them. - Start up the license server using the command: ./startlserv.sh - Ensure the license string(s) are in a text file. Eg:
[/var/microfocuslicensing]$ cat eclipsekey.txt 10 COBOLforEclipse 5.1 LONG TRIAL 30 STANDALONE EXCL 1 INFINITE_KEYS 1 JAN 2008 NEVER SLM_CODE CL_ND_LCK 805CE00C 5 z:e5RkXYZTgZEVek7SmZLZeSghiZBtbBGflKTlBapp3C Qz3UwEEdHVRGCsdN9:nffv:86kw9FCJNN1R:5:WE3UVyfDRe:wTXpTYsgVyIiisSfnM1qzyzKNG31KgF iSl2LMV,Sn4ftNcGVnaSOur8u06yLI
- Start the cesadmintool: ./cesadmintool.sh - Select menu option 4 for "Manul License Installation" Eg:
Enter Option: 4 Install licenses ... You should have obtained licenses from the Micro Focus activation website and put them into text file accessible from this computer.
Enter path of file containing new licenses or to abort: /var/microfocuslicensing/eclipsekey.txt Installing . Licences installed.
- Select menu option 2 for "Check License Status" to ensure the license is being picked up. - If the licenses are still not displayed, then run the following commands to stop start the license daemon and license server from the /var/microfocuslicensing/bin directory. - Stop the CES license daemon: ./stopmfcesd.sh - Stop the license server: ./stoplserv.sh - Start the license server: ./startlserv.sh - Start the CES license daemon: ./startmfcesd.sh - Check the 'License Status' again.
NOTE: If the license is still not displayed in the 'Licensed Products' license status, then one possibility is because Authorization Codes for Trial licenses (Standalone type) do not work in Remote Desktop settings and VM environments. Micro Focus SupportLine will need to generate a different license type, this will need to be a Full License with a trial period/end date (Network type). Eg:
[/var/microfocuslicensing]$ cat eclipsekey.txt 10 COBOLforEclipse 5.1 LONG TRIAL 31 NETWORK ADD 2_KEYS INFINITE_KEYS 1 JAN 2009 NEVER USER_SHR:5 SLM_CODE 2_LOG_ENCRYPTION_LEVEL FLOAT 805CE00C,Ni NiL Ni NO_HL D NiL 3_MINS N43zRoNjQg0kkpTH692ffVVJSJF8jN:npsGK2RBDulf6dzqKUS:ZTioz8SjHV8xz3Q0 VsNtf7Zyfy84j64wmpPLlZaAcdpWqWB:XXMfgRpNa3eCMIqqaiqvPfr0G0vVQUg3Bi4H5wl42Dz3JK5u wnQxUfa