How much of your company's secure information is stored on mobile endpoint devices? Or better yet, how many of your employees BYOD (bring their own device), using their personal cell phone for business? Do you know how many PCs your organization owns and manages? Are they all up to date with the latest security patches? If you are asking these questions, or responsible for the answers inside your company, then you need to check out viable endpoint management solutions.
A good endpoint management solution will secure your most vulnerable IT assets, such as devices and applications. Ideally, it should protect the data on every PC or mobile device belonging to an organization and control how the endpoints communicate and access information, and monitor and maintain the health of endpoint devices.
As you suspect, there are many such solutions on the market. Where should you look? What should you be looking for in an endpoint management solution? Luckily there is help with independent researcher and global market intelligence firm, IDC. IDC published an IDC MarketScape, a vendor assessment tool that provides in-depth quantitative and qualitative technology market assessments of Information and communications technology (ICT) vendors for a wide range of technology markets.
Therefore, I am pleased to announce that the IDC has named Micro Focus as a "Major Player" in its 2019-2020 IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Unified Endpoint Management Software 2019–2020 Vendor Assessment! Quoting the IDC report:
“UEM is an inevitability in most enterprises. According to IDC's 2019 Enterprise Workspace and Mobility Decision Maker Survey, only 31% of enterprises have no UEM initiatives currently going; the other 69% are at various stages of UEM adoption, from small pilots to pushing UEM through at scale with new Windows 10 upgrades. By 2024, 72% of enterprises expect to be either 100% on UEM or having the majority of endpoints managed by the technology.”
Micro Focus ZENworks is already a crucial part of the UEM strategy for many enterprises, a fact that did not escape IDC. Citing its suite-based approach, multi-functional capabilities, and ease-of-administration for IT teams of any size, the IDC MarketScape noted, “The suite-based approach and multifunction capabilities of ZENworks allow small IT teams to manage large numbers of endpoint devices across a diverse set of OS types. The company had customer references of three- and four-person IT teams managing hundreds of thousands of devices on the integrated management suite.”
Recognizing its comprehensiveness and citing “wide range of complementary management and reporting software products”, IDC MarketScape sees ZENworks and its associated stable of integrations designed to expand its functionality as a great strength for customers to consider when looking for a UEM solution.
More from the IDC MarketScape: "Micro Focus UEM is a good consideration for enterprises looking for one-stop shopping for EMM/UEM and a range of other IT infrastructure software platforms —IT service desk, asset management, security software, IAM, and analytics tools. The solution should also appeal to enterprises committed to on-premise datacenter and private cloud infrastructures (either for legacy support or security/compliance reasons)."
Check out our full suite of Unified Endpoint Management Solutions:
- ZENworks Service Desk: Manage service requests and committed service levels quickly and easily with this customizable interface and scalable service management solution.
- Desktop Containers: Package and deploy containerized Windows apps quickly and easily.
- ZENworks Asset Management: Improve license compliance with a complete view of software installations and sophisticated license reconciliation capabilities.
- ZENworks Configuration Management: Automates the lifecycle management of desktops, laptops and mobile devices so you can dramatically reduce TCO, and ensure all configurations comply with corporate policies.
- ZENworks Endpoint Security Management: Control client security remotely with a strong firewall, secure removable storage, and safe encryption policies.
- ZENworks Full Disk Encryption: Encrypt hard drives from any location with a web-based console and still provide automated data protection to mitigate threats.
- ZENworks Patch Management: Set patch policies so that all your devices have the right Windows patches at the right time.
SOURCE: IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Unified Endpoint Management Software 2019-2020 Vendor Assessment, doc #US45355119, NOVEMBER 2019
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. The Capabilities score measures vendor product, go-to-market and business execution in the short-term. The Strategy score measures alignment of vendor strategies with customer requirements in a 3-5-year timeframe. Vendor market share is represented by the size of the circles.