A business world that no longer plays by the same rules needs software that adapts to play by new ones.
For many, 2020 was a time that threw their business and personal lives into chaos. As uncontrollable forces caused organizations to work in ways most companies had hardly predicted or prepared for, a collection of companies – big, small, and in between – were able to move forward with little interruption or fanfare. They normalized their business, sometimes in as little as a day, to allow their people to work seamlessly from home with total IT support.
So, who were these high-tech organizations, and how did they achieve such a feat? They were companies with comprehensive Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) solutions, including many Micro Focus ZENworks customers.
Building on Strength
Last year I wrote a blog just before the global pandemic hit. In it I said:
"A good endpoint management solution will secure your most vulnerable IT assets, such as devices and applications. Ideally, it should protect the data on every PC or mobile device belonging to an organization and control how the endpoints communicate and access information, and monitor and maintain the health of endpoint devices."
The functions I listed (securing vulnerable data, protecting every PC or mobile device, controlling how information is communicated and accessed, and device health monitoring) now read like a laundry list of remote-work struggles that organizations wrestled with during the sudden shift.
For organizations with the ability to manage and protect their devices and data with endpoint management, these points were often able to be addressed with a few clicks.
How to Assess the Best
There are many such solutions on the market, but the IDC MarketScape model provides in-depth quantitative and qualitative technology market assessments of information and communications technology (ICT) vendors for a wide range of technology markets and positions those vendors based on important factors like capabilities, total cost of ownership, and product strategy.
With that in mind, I am pleased to announce that the IDC MarketScape has named Micro Focus as a "Leader" in the 2021 UEM SMB vendor assessment1 and as a Major Player in the overall 2020/2021 UEM vendor assessment2. Read our press advisory!
Quoting the IDC UEM SMB MarketScape report:
“Small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs; firms with under 1,000 employees) have many of the same challenges and requirements around end-user computing (EUC) technology deployment and management as enterprise-scale organizations. Security, manageability, and endpoint management functions that span mobiles and PCs are critical to SMBs. Among SMBs worldwide, 43% said they planned to increase spending on unified endpoint management (UEM) tools in 2021, according to IDC's October 2020 COVID-19 Impact on IT Spending Survey. This is being driven by the increased need for small and midsize firms to deploy devices and apps to an increasingly mobile and remote workforce while lowering administrative burdens and IT overhead.”
Our Solution: Micro Focus ZENWorks
Micro Focus ZENworks is already a crucial part of the UEM strategy for many enterprises, a fact that did not escape IDC.
Citing its suite-based approach, multi-functional capabilities, and ease-of-administration for IT teams of any size, the IDC MarketScape noted, “The suite-based approach and multifunction capabilities of ZENworks allow small IT teams to manage large numbers of endpoint devices across a diverse set of OS types. The company had customer references of three- and four-person IT teams managing hundreds of thousands of devices on the integrated management suite.”
Recognizing its comprehensiveness and citing “a strong analytics story”, IDC MarketScape sees ZENworks’ integrations in the wider Micro Focus portfolio as a great strength for customers to consider when looking for a UEM solution.
Want to hear more? Download the Micro Focus excerpt from the IDC MarketScape Report.
“The positive evaluation of the Micro Focus ZENworks suite of solutions acknowledges Micro Focus’ hard work and dedication to meeting the increasingly challenging needs of our unified endpoint management customers,” said Rick Carlson, Vice President, Information Management & Governance Solutions at Micro Focus. “Micro Focus is proud of the recognition in the IDC MarketScape for UEM SMB, and feel that it further illustrates our commitment to customer satisfaction.”.
Check out our full suite of Unified Endpoint Management Solutions:
- ZENworks Service Desk: Manage service requests and committed service levels quickly and easily with this customizable interface and scalable service management solution.
- Desktop Containers: Package and deploy containerized Windows apps quickly and easily.
- ZENworks Asset Management: Improve license compliance with a complete view of software installations and sophisticated license reconciliation capabilities.
- ZENworks Configuration Management: Automates the lifecycle management of desktops, laptops and mobile devices so you can dramatically reduce TCO, and ensure all configurations comply with corporate policies.
- ZENworks Endpoint Security Management: Control client security remotely with a strong firewall, secure removable storage, and safe encryption policies.
- ZENworks Full Disk Encryption: Encrypt hard drives from any location with a web-based console and still provide automated data protection to mitigate threats.
- ZENworks Patch Management: Set patch policies so that all your devices have the right Windows patches at the right time.
As many of our customers have testified, two of the most critical organizational assets are your people, and the data they look after. It has been a challenging time, but – with Micro Focus’ support - It is time to retake control.
Learn about our renewed focus on customer-centric technology – Insight Empowered.
1) SOURCE: IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Unified Endpoint Management Software for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses 2021 Vendor Assessment by Phil Hochmuth, January 2021, IDC # US46965720
2) SOURCE: IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Unified Endpoint Management Software 2021 Vendor Assessment by Phil Hochmuth, January 2021, IDC # US46957820
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. The Capabilities score measures vendor product, go-to-market and business execution in the short-term. The Strategy score measures alignment of vendor strategies with customer requirements in a 3-5-year timeframe. Vendor market share is represented by the size of the circles.