Adding a GoDaddy SSL Cert for FILR

Ugh!

I've been trying to add the godaddy ssl to filr with the instructions found in this cool solution:

https://www.novell.com/communities/coolsolutions/godaddy-ssl-certificates-for-filr/

However, it does not work for me. Can someone provide a recent step by step guide to applying the go daddy ssl cert to my filr 1.2 appliance install.

Thanks
  • Update: the issue was resolved with the assistance of the Engineers at Novell.
  • EBSR_PARAMEDIC;2393479 wrote:
    Update: the issue was resolved with the assistance of the Engineers at Novell.

Would you be able to document that process for other GoDaddy users or was it a specific issue to your installation? I'd love to get a GoDaddy certificate back into Filr.

Any information would be appreciate.

-Nyle

"I see this on another post -

spgsitsupport

Re: SSL Certificate question

In fact the correct command is:

openssl pkcs12 -export -in certificate.crt -inkey private.key -certificate gd_bundle.crt -out domain.com.p12

In fact only domain.com.p12 keypair is needed to import
  • Hi Nayle,

The Engineers were awesome and now i am a happy camper. In the end the Engineers had to apply a special patch my system.

I'm not sure if it was a GoDaddy Issue (GoDaddy tends to change their SSL repositories often) or a Filr Product defect.

I am being told that a similar patch to address this issue will be made available to the general public as early as this week. I am also being told that the GoDaddy Cool Solutions article is being updated shortly as well.

If you compare netstorage to Filr: Filr wins hands down!