Filr 1.2 Desktop Application for OS-X 10.11 “El Capitan”

0 Likes
over 5 years ago
Update (1st Dec 2015): Filr Mac Desktop Client with this support is released today. You can access the updated client via PatchFinder or directly from download.novell.com.

As the Product Manager for Filr, I wanted to take a quick minute and provide an update on the status of Filr support for OS-X 10.11 “El Capitan”. As I’m sure most of you know, the Novell Filr 1.2 Desktop Application for Mac doesn’t currently work on this important OS-X release as described here. You are probably also aware that there have been quite a few challenges across the industry with this release of OS-X as well.

First, let me apologize for the delay in supporting this release. Originally we began the work to support the Filr client on OS 10.11 with early betas. Unfortunately, we found the Finder and other framework code we integrate with was changing drastically between betas. As such we had to wait for the code to stabilize, and unfortunately that didn’t happen until shortly before the Apple opted to release the product.

Second, I want to assure all of you that we are heads down working to address this problem as quickly as possible. We are on track to address the problem in late November 2015.

Finally, in the future we will work hard to ensure that we are testing and addressing issues with the betas of OS-X products to ensure we can support them at or near ship. To this end we are currently testing with both the released 10.11.1 release and with the just announced 10.11.2 beta. We at Micro Focus really value your patronage and assure you that we will do everything we can to ensure we reduce the time between new OS releases and Filr support in the future.

Sincerely,
Dev

Tags:

Labels:

New Release-Feature
Comment List
Anonymous