WEB IE Support

We just spun up the latest version of the new WEB application.  It doesn't appear to support IE at all.  Is there a way to redirect IE requests to the old webaccess application?  I know this is a long shot but IE is still used at our organization.

• Verified Answer

IE is not a browser we have tested or supported GW Web on.     The supported platforms are as follows:

• Chrome, Firefox, Safari.
    • iPhone and iPad: iOS 11 and above.
    • Samsung phone and tablets: Android 8 (Oreo) or later.
    • Docker 17.0.9 on SLES 12 and SLES 15.

IE just doesn't have the support we needed to be fully responsive to work on mobile as well as desktop

• Nothing new should be concerned about supporting IE.  It really needs to go away.  And I say that while we still have one application that was only recently updated to support Edge over IE.  So I know the issues involved.  It is frustrating dealing with the legacy crap caused by bad decisions surrounding proprietary Microsoft software.

Without knowing the specifics of your situation, I would suggest you just let it be known that IE has to use Web Access and whatever newer browser you use can go to GW Web.  At our company we hammer into people that they use Chrome for everything and only open IE/Edge to get to the one application that requires it.  Sometimes training/instructions are better than trying to find a technical solution.