Error When UnArchiving Messages

Hi,

We discovered that one of our users has two archives. He would like to merge them into one archive. The client allows us to access and view the messages in the second archive. The problem is when we try to unarchive any of the messages. We get the following error: [c05d] - Dependent store file does not exist on the disk. I tried running structural and contents checks on the archive. Neither find any problems according to the logs. After the structure check runs and the log appears we get a popup with the following 0x8101 error. But like I said the actual log states that it didn't find any correctable/non-correctable issues. Does anyone have advice on how to proceed?

Thanks
Jeremy

Tags:

Parents
  • Hi Jeremy,

    We potentially have two issues here which may or may not have the same root cause.

    Let's start with the 8101 - What type of file system is the damaged archive stored on? How many items are in this archive?

    Please let us know.

    Cheers,
  • Laura,

    I just found out that while the user can see the emails in the inbox he can not actually open them. So it's definitely a database issue. I'm just not sure why the structural checks didn't work.

    Thanks
    Jeremy
  • Hi Jeremy,

    You could be experiencing some issues with the archive user.db, or message.db or ngwguard.db.

    You could try the following:

    I'd try this on the small archive first.
    Create a full backup just for safety
    Rename the archive directory
    Login to the Client and archive an email - this will recreate the archive and the necessary db files
    Shutdown the client.
    Copy the newly created ngwguard.db into the old archive.
    Rename the old archive back to it's original name
    Run a standalone GWCheck structure check against the archive
    Open GroupWise client
    Access archive.

    The above is just the first step in ruling out corruption in the ngwguard.db. If this doesn't work then we'll need to turn our attention to the user.db and then the message.db

    Please let us know how it goes.

    Cheers,
Reply
  • Hi Jeremy,

    You could be experiencing some issues with the archive user.db, or message.db or ngwguard.db.

    You could try the following:

    I'd try this on the small archive first.
    Create a full backup just for safety
    Rename the archive directory
    Login to the Client and archive an email - this will recreate the archive and the necessary db files
    Shutdown the client.
    Copy the newly created ngwguard.db into the old archive.
    Rename the old archive back to it's original name
    Run a standalone GWCheck structure check against the archive
    Open GroupWise client
    Access archive.

    The above is just the first step in ruling out corruption in the ngwguard.db. If this doesn't work then we'll need to turn our attention to the user.db and then the message.db

    Please let us know how it goes.

    Cheers,
Children
No Data