Error When UnArchiving Messages

Hi,

We discovered that one of our users has two archives. He would like to merge them into one archive. The client allows us to access and view the messages in the second archive. The problem is when we try to unarchive any of the messages. We get the following error: [c05d] - Dependent store file does not exist on the disk. I tried running structural and contents checks on the archive. Neither find any problems according to the logs. After the structure check runs and the log appears we get a popup with the following 0x8101 error. But like I said the actual log states that it didn't find any correctable/non-correctable issues. Does anyone have advice on how to proceed?

Thanks
Jeremy

Tags:

Parents Reply Children
  • Laura,

    The damaged archive is on a shared network location. The client is running Windows 7. The second (damaged archive) must have been created recently because he only has 162 message items in the inbox folder.

    Thanks
    Jeremy
  • Laura,

    I just found out that while the user can see the emails in the inbox he can not actually open them. So it's definitely a database issue. I'm just not sure why the structural checks didn't work.

    Thanks
    Jeremy
  • In article <jesullivan.7sxpo0@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com>, Jesullivan
    wrote:
    > The damaged archive is on a shared network location. The client is
    > running Windows 7. The second (damaged archive) must have been created
    > recently because he only has 162 message items in the inbox folder.


    What type of shared network location? Is that particular folder
    accessible by others and/or antivirus (most don't understand GW
    databases)
    By any chance was anything done with the user's FID?
    What are the archive folders called? I'd expect them to be of the form
    of ofFIDarc and how they are different might shed us a clue.


    Andy of
    http://KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
    Knowledge Partner
    http://forums.novell.com/member.php/75037-konecnya
    If you find a post helpful and are logged in the Web interface, please
    show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. Thanks!

  • Hi Jeremy,

    You could be experiencing some issues with the archive user.db, or message.db or ngwguard.db.

    You could try the following:

    I'd try this on the small archive first.
    Create a full backup just for safety
    Rename the archive directory
    Login to the Client and archive an email - this will recreate the archive and the necessary db files
    Shutdown the client.
    Copy the newly created ngwguard.db into the old archive.
    Rename the old archive back to it's original name
    Run a standalone GWCheck structure check against the archive
    Open GroupWise client
    Access archive.

    The above is just the first step in ruling out corruption in the ngwguard.db. If this doesn't work then we'll need to turn our attention to the user.db and then the message.db

    Please let us know how it goes.

    Cheers,