What are messenger's file locations

Where does the data for GroupWise Messenger go?  I don't want the data on root, so I'd like to either place it on a NSS volume or its own mount point/partition to keep it from stopping the whole server from running, but I can't find any pointers in the docs or with some googling.

Given the databases' is it even supported on BtrFS?

Yes I know I can fire it up in a lab to figure it out,  but I would like to remove that iteration that should be just plain documented (yes I've given feedback to the docs already).

Tags:

• Verified Answer

wrote:

Where does the data for GroupWise Messenger go?  I don't want the data on root, so I'd like to either place it on a NSS volume or its own mount point/partition to keep it from stopping the whole server from running, but I can't find any pointers in the docs or with some googling.

Given the databases' is it even supported on BtrFS?

Yes I know I can fire it up in a lab to figure it out,  but I would like to remove that iteration that should be just plain documented (yes I've given feedback to the docs already).

Hi Andy,

Default logging directory: /var/opt/novell/log/messenger/

Messenger Agent queue directory: /var/opt/novell/messenger/ma/queue/
    Archive Agent queue directory: /var/opt/novell/messenger/aa/queue/
    Archive store files: /var/opt/novell/messenger/aa/store/

arangodb log files: /var/log/arangodb3
    arangodb database stuff: /var/lib/arangodb3/

Certificates: /opt/novell/messenger/certs

Personally - I would not run any database on BtrFS.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

• /var/opt/novell/messenger

so I take it that this is where the bulk will be and I can create a mount point there on another drive. XFS is the thoughts for that drive.

BtrFS  such a buttery slippery slope for some things

• Hi Andy,  

You are correct in where the bulk of the Messenger stuff is stored  

Cheers,